77.1 F
Miami
Sunday, June 26, 2022

Nipsey Hussle Murder Trial Begins with Opening Statements

The murder trial of Nipsey Hussle’s alleged killer is underway.

On Wednesday morning, a jury heard opening statements in the case against Eric Holder Jr., who is accused of gunning down the 33-year-old rapper outside of his Marathon clothing store in South Los Angeles on March 31, 2019.

According to TMZ, Deputy District Attorney John McKinney laid out “chilling” details in court, telling the jury that Holder approached Nipsey before shooting him multiple times in the parking lot outside the store. He then walked over to Nipsey’s bullet-riddled body and kicked him in the head.

The prosecutor told the downtown L.A. courtroom that Holder said to Nipsey, “You’re through.” Hussle replied, “You got me” before Holder fled the scene.

McKinney said that Holder’s kick to Nipsey’s head shows it was a personal attack. Holder’s public defender argued that it happened in the heat of the moment.

Hussle was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The coroner determined that he died from gunshot wounds to the head and torso, ruling his death a homicide.

Holder was arrested a few days later, and was indicted on one count of murder, two counts of attempted murder, and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon. He has pleaded not guilty and is being held in solitary confinement. If convicted as charged, he faces a possible life sentence.

Testimony in the high-profile case, which had been delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic, is expected to last two weeks.

Source

Related Articles

Latest Articles